[TYPO3-core] Speed up of page cache

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Wed Jan 18 11:11:28 CET 2006

Dmitry Dulepov <dima at spamcop.net> writes on
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 16:02:03 +0100 (MET):

> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
> > Size of tables matter (use ANALYZE TABLE to tell Mysql the table
> > stats).
>
> Well, 1411 records right now. 20% of the maximum that I had.

In case it wasn't clear. I'm sure that Mysql chooses different strategies to execute the query based on the statitstical data genereated by ANALYZE TABLE.

If it knows that table A has only a few rows it will do a table scan, but not if it has many and the query can be executed by using an index on table B.

So when optimizing you should work with large data.

Masi