[TYPO3-core] RFC: error logging for the Core

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Mon Jan 16 09:19:38 CET 2006

Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org> writes on
Sun, 15 Jan 2006 23:48:18 +0100 (MET):

> Hi Martin,
>

> > But, do we agree that custom logging disables all TYPO3 logging
> > features?
> >
> > I did it on request of Michael, but see no point in it. IMHO custom
> > logging is an aditional feature as the admin has to enable the
> > TYPO3 logging manually.
> >
> > I want to hear some opinions on this before I commit the patch.
>
> Well, I still see no reason in it but I'm open since it can be
> configured easily. Do whatever you prefer.

The idea is that eg I can rely eg on built-in mail "logging" for critical errors but use a custim logging for standard logging. Or vice versa, you could builtin logging using file or sys_log but use some custom SMS alerting for critical errors.

If any custom logging disables all built-in capabilities then you have to rebuild all features in your custom log.

Masi