[TYPO3-core] RFC: fix bug #1986

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Sat Jan 14 10:22:06 CET 2006

Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org> writes on
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 02:11:24 +0100 (MET):

> > PS: There are some die()s in the code which IMHO should also be
> > removed.
> > Looking at the code I think the proper resoluition for them is
> > simply to
> > call devLog as the failures are non-fatal.
>
> I only found two which are pretty easy I think. I think we can just
> keep the
> die() calls because this does not happen during the production phase,
> but only during development.

This is obviously the intention. But shit happens and the fucntion is called with a wrong parameter in a live system.

There are many functions that fail silently in TYPO3, I see no reason why this is written to "crash" the site. As I see it all die()s must go - also those "table not defined in TCA".

Masi