[TYPO3-core] RFC: error logging for the Core

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sat Jan 14 01:17:57 CET 2006

Hi Martin,

> The new options are:
>
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['systemLog'] = <option>[;<option>,...]
> option = <type>[,<destination>[,<level>]
> type = <string>
> destination = <string>[/<string>]
> level = <int>
>
> file,/path/to/log/file,2
> mail,user at domain.tld
> mail,to at domain.tld/from at domain.tld
> syslog,local1
> error_log,,3

I just had a look at your latest and greatest version of this patch:

There is one line:
+                       list($type,$destination) = explode(',',$log,3);

And the next time:
+                       list($type,$destination,$level) = explode(',',$log,4);

It seems to me that the first line ignores the 3rd parameter (the level). I
also wonder why you've set the maximum number of elements to 4 in the 2nd
call?!

One open point is that the init function is not called yet. I don't think
that it is a good idea to open the log at every request. Therefore I
suggest to add a global variable which is not set in the beginning.

At the first call of t3lib_div::sysLog() you simply check for this variable
and call the init function if this was not done yet...

But the rest of the patch is just fine. Great work!

+1

Regards, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out