[TYPO3-core] RFC: Name of the default language

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Thu Jan 12 14:54:41 CET 2006

Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org> writes on
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:48:27 +0100 (MET):

> Hi Robert,
>

> > Yes and no ... I'm a bit undecided about the TSconfig way. A more
> > userfriendly way to define a language as the default language would
> > be
> > creating a new sys_language record and mark it as "default" (= add a
> > new
> > check box "default language"). The main disadvantage I see though
> > is, that
> > you create a record for the default language which you didn't do in
> > the past = not backwards compatible.
>
> I think that could be solved easily:
>
> When no language was selected, the value of the current language
> should
> simply be "default" (initially set $TSFE->sys_language_name to
> "default").
>
> When selecting a language as default, all of its properties should be
> hidden so that everything works like it does now.

Yes. I also think that it's as easy as that.

But how to ensure only one language has a checked "is_default"-flag? Shall we ignore this issue or enhance TCA in some way to handle such cases? *

I'm happy with both solutions (sys_language and TS), but it'd be great if one of them could be implemented.

Masi

* I see at least two sub-features: unique setting ibn global context or folder context (pid check).