[TYPO3-core] RFC: multi-multi-domain cookies

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Mon Jan 9 10:19:49 CET 2006

Holzinger Franz <franz at fholzinger.com> writes on
Mon, 09 Jan 2006 09:51:27 +0100 (MET):

> Hello Martin,
>

> >sub1.domain1
> >sub2.domain1
> >sub1.domain2
> >sub2.domain2
> >
> >Solution: Extend $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['cookieDomain'] so that it
> > can take a regexp. Match the requst host against the regexp and use
> > it as the cookieDomain
> >
> >/(?:domain1|domain2)$/
> >
> >other example: /(?:domain1|domain2)\.com$/
> >
> I do not understand your example.
> Why not this?
> /\.(domain1|domain2)\.com$/

It's just an example for your experience. Anyway, the ?: in may example simply tells the match not to do the grouping. We don't need $match[1] because we can use the complete match.

As for the first .\. Does anyone know if the note in the PHP doc is true? Just curious (the patch isn't affected).

> The 2 blocks contain identical code.

This is the original code. I did not modify it and have no intention to do so. And have a look at the debug code: the loogign string is different. So I won't change this.

Masi