[TYPO3-core] RFC: fix bug #2205

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Jan 9 00:17:27 CET 2006

Welcome Wolfgang!

>  This is my first post to this list, so please advice me via private mail
>  if I have to handle this differently and I'd be glad if one of you can
>  send me a "CVS for beginners (focused on the TYPO3 project approach)"
>  along (as I'm always using Subversion).

I recommend to use a GUI instead of running CVS on the command-line.

If you use Windows, have a look at "TortoiseCVS" which seems to be a useful
application.

For Linux, I recommend "cervisia" which I am also using for more than a year
now. There are some great articles about CVS with cervisia:

http://osnews.com/story.php?news_id=6096
http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdesdk/cervisia/index.html
http://wiki.kdenews.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+CVS+Management

>  This is a CVS patch request.

Here we go!

>  Branches: TYPO3-4.0

Of course. Since we are currently NOT working on HEAD, please make sure that
you upgrade to this branch before you commit. Cervisia will automatically
commit the change to this branch then.

>  It's not possible to delete page branches (recursive)
>  via the clipboard.
>
>  Two possible solutions:

I think the patches were added in the wrong order, solution 2 is actually
the first of both patches.

>  either set deleteTree to "1" for the local instance of tcemain
>  (see db_list.php.diff) or set it directly for every instance
>  in the start method of tcemain (see class.t3lib_tcemain.php.diff).
>
>  I would prefer the second patch but I currently don't know about
>  possible side effects.

I think the only side-effect is that it could fix the same problem at some
other possible places...

+1 for the tcemain patch.

Michael
--