[TYPO3-core] Extensions selected by the dummy archive

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Jan 5 23:24:43 CET 2006

Hi Karsten!

> On Thursday 29 December 2005 17:26, Michael Stucki wrote:
> > I think it is simply not selected because it doesn't work with MySQL 3.x
> > and (I'm not sure) with any other DBMS. So if I remember correctly, the
> > versioning stuff is only working with MySQL 4+ for now...(?)
> >
> > @Karsten: Right?
>
> I don't really know - I switched to MySQL 4.x a long while ago, before the
> advent of versioning. But there is an issue with MySQL 3.23.x where some
> value overflows when doing versioning.

I was mainly asking you because I don't know how the situation is for other
DBM systems besides MySQL 3 and 4.

According to Kaspers comment [1] it seems it is currently not working on
Oracle(?)

> After having read this again I decided to have a look the next days, so we
> might be able to settle this for 4.0. Wouldn't that be nice? If someone has
> hard number on the count of MySQL 3.23.x setups out there, please yell -
> might come in handy when having to talk kasper into accepting a change. :)
> (no offense, Kasper!).

Would be great!

Regards, michael

[1] http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-dev/2005-January/007540.html