[TYPO3-core] RFC: #2119: Clean-up in mailform code: more TypoScript flexibility

Sebastian Kurfuerst sebastian at garbage-group.de
Wed Jan 4 21:02:31 CET 2006

Hi Franz,
I emailed the questions to ernesto, this are his answers:

>You deleted the $xhtmlStrict feature. Is this intended?

Yes. Almost all xhtmlStrict and accessibility issues are now being
handled in TypoScript directly. In this case, the id='<>' attribute can
be set in the tt_content.mailform.20.XXX.addParam settings. The presence
or not of the "id=" tag in reality isn't a xhtmlStrict issue, as this is
also valid HTML, so no harm is done having these in even in HTMLv4-mode.
The gained "accessibility" here is just that labels are now directly
related to their corresponding fields (<label for="[id]"> => <input
id="[id]">), which is controlled completely through TypoScript, so an
admin can quickly turn that off, if he wishes.

>>$elementIdAttribute
>>

>Is this not needed any more?

Set by TypoScript now, as explained above.

>>                     $result =
>>str_replace('###LABEL###',$labelCode,$result);
>>+                    $result = str_replace('###ID###',$id,$result);
>>

>-->use $idCode instead of $id

I would rather use $elementId, because this is just the ID of this
particular element, not some HTML-code.

§elementId instead of $id will be used.

Greets, Sebastian