[TYPO3-core] RFC: error logging for the Core

Holzinger Franz franz at fholzinger.com
Mon Jan 2 16:12:07 CET 2006

Hello Martin,

> Severity: 1 is notice, 2 is warning, 3 is fatal error

I would prefer:

Severity: 0 is notice, 1 is warning, 2 is small error, 3 is fatal error

+            if (!$file)    {
+                die('Cannot open TYPO3 system log: '.$msg);
I think this should not die here but only return and maybe send an email
to the shop admin.

> $fakeThis = FALSE;

why capital letters?

> $msg = ' - '.$extKey.' - '.$severity.' - '.$msg;

Maybe a new variable $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['logFileLevel'] could be
used to set which level should get logged at all.

Greets,

Franz