[TYPO3-core] RFC: Extend TypoScript values

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Feb 27 09:59:40 CET 2006

Good morning Dmitry!

> Martin Kutschker wrote:
> > The big drawbak ist that we limited us to only one operation and it's
> > ambiguos with a mathematical +.
>
> "+" means "add" for me while "-" means subtract. I think it is common
> understanding, isn't it? :)

Yes, but the feature is made very modular. You can extend your own
"superglobal pre-TS-parsing" properties very simple.

That way I think of a bunch of functions that could be implemented that way:
- Concatenating strings
- Adding elements to a comma-separated list (I think this is most useful)
- Sorting of lists
- Removing of list elements
- Removing of a string (regexp)
- etc.

All this is not possible with only one + operator.

> > With the pseudo-functions we can have many features, eg
> >
> > x = 4,5
> > x := addToList(12,56)
> > x := removeFromList(5)
> > => 4,12,56
>
> Well, ":=" reminds me assign statement from Pascal/ADA, otherwise
> nothing bad with it.

Looks like this one is making the race.

- michael