[TYPO3-core] TYPO3_DOCUMENT_ROOT with multiple TYPO3s

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Sat Feb 25 04:06:50 CET 2006

Hi Franz,

Franz Holzinger wrote:
> See also my post on the developer list for more details.

No, TYPO3_DOCUMENT_ROOT indeed contains the *correct* path, you just
expect it to be something different.

TYPO3_DOCUMENT_ROOT should always be equal to the apache document root.
The reason why it's called TYPO3_DOCUMENT_ROOT and not just
DOCUMENT_ROOT is that the original DOCUMENT_ROOT was wrong under some
circumstances.

What you are looking for is the constant PATH_site.

> This error for example leads to the result, that tt_products saves the
> csv in the fileadmin at /var/www/html/fileadmin and not at the one
> /var/www/html/subdomain/fileadmin

Than this is a bug in your tt_products. It should use the contstant
PATH_site instead of t3lib_div::getIndpEnv('TYPO3_DOCUMENT_ROOT')!

> This error is present also in TYPO3 3.8.1.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

cheers,
Ingmar