[TYPO3-core] RFC: maximum file name length

René Fritz rene at typo3.org
Fri Feb 24 12:27:58 CET 2006

This is a discussion request. :-)

Type: feature

Branch: TYPO3_4-0

This is very simple so no patch yet, it's just for discussion.

Some People want to have a configuration option to allow a longer filename
sizes than the hardcoded of 60. It was recently changed from 30 to 60 I
think, but still there is the request to make it configurable.

While this is in t3lib_basicFileFunctions it can only be configured by
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS I think. But having one more option there is not so nice,
or?

So what do you think?

René

--