[TYPO3-core] RFC: Avoid double checking of match-conditions

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Feb 17 00:18:49 CET 2006

This is a CVS patch request.

This is kindof experimental, but it seems to work very well for me:

During Zap-the-Gremlins, Sebastian and I played a little bit with the
matching-function.
While debugging some stuff, we found out that it is executed twice although
that would not be needed.

So we started to fix it, made a lot of tests and speedup-checks to see how it
works.

Result:
- There were no differences in our pages compared to the old version.
- Independent if a page is cached or not, the speed-gain was approximately
40ms which was approximately 20% of the generation time for a cached page.

I am not sure it this justifies such a change. The problem is that I can't
guarantee that it is free of bugs, but maybe the only way to find it out will
be to test it...?

Regars, michael