[TYPO3-core] RFC: language selector in alt_doc

René Fritz rene at typo3.org
Thu Feb 16 17:14:41 CET 2006

This is a CVS patch request

Type: feature

Branch: TYPO3_4-0

Screenshot is attached to show what it is.

The patch adds a selector box for localization to the record editing form
(alt_doc.php). That means you can edit a record and switch easily to other
languages without going back to list or page module. Additionally you have
the possibility to create new translations of a record if not yet available
(see NEW in screenshot).

The selectorbox appears only
- when only one record is open for editing
- when the table is defined for languages
- the page have multiple languages
- the user is allowed to edit the language

There are open questions:
- should that selectorbox be visible always?
- option to disable by TSconfig?

Anyway if you think the feature and code is ok I would like to commit this and
in a second step options for disabling can be implemented (I'm currently very
limited in time, sorry).

René

--
René Fritz