[TYPO3-core] static_info_tables

René Fritz rene at typo3.org
Thu Feb 16 14:00:34 CET 2006

> Hello Kasper,
>
> >Has it been discussed if the static_info_tables extension should be
> >included as a system extension or not?

BTW. You might have noticed that there's the Static Info Tables extension
which provides english content only and additional language packs.

> this has not been discussed yet.
>
> I only know that Stanislas Rolland has taken it over as coordinator and
> wants to merge it with sr_static_info

To give you a summary (my full anouncement on the dev list below)

Me in dev list:
---------
I will no longer maintain that extension(s) because I think I already spent
too much spare time to work on it and one should be able to publish new
version more often than I can.
----------

Stanislas Rolland:
----------
I would be interested to take this over for some time until I have
converted and merged extension Static Info Library into your base
extension. Unfortunately, it may take a little while, because I am
currently fully loaded.
----------

my anouncement on the dev list
------------------------
Hi everybody

I just uploaded a new version of the "Static Info Tables".

I'm writing this here because this is the last version from me.

I will no longer maintain that extension(s) because I think I already spent
too much spare time to work on it and one should be able to publish new
version more often than I can.
(I worked nearly a week on the new version because of the new managament
module and language packs which are available now.)

So I ask who wants to do the maintainance of the data/extensions. I guess
there are a few people interested in, who might can work together. This is
supported by the managament module. I hope I built a good basis other's can
build on.

Anybody?

Changes:
- changed encoding to UTF-8
- provide encoding conversion in in EM (choose “UPDATE!”)
- other languages than English are provided by extra language pack extensions
- some bugfixes
- imported the main data from the Common Locale Data Repository (CLDR) Project
http://www.unicode.org/cldr/
- new table static_territories
- extended static_country_zones
- Published the cc_infotablesmgm extension for managing the data

(http://www.unicode.org/cldr/) and some merged data from Stanislas version
and some manually edited data.
With the management extension language packs can easily be created.

Todo's:
While the cldr data seems to be a good basis it is not complete. Espacially
the currencies needs some more data.

The missing language variants (eg Brazilian Portugese) is still a problem.
CLDR offer 3-letter codes and additional languages.
Stanislas used more fields to include the country which is a mistake in my
eyes because a language is not bound to a country - some countries have more
that one language for example.

I think a new clean API is needed.

René

changelog:
11.01.2006
Imported from cldr

Added static_territories

Added row: static_countries.cn_iso_2 = AX
Added row: static_countries.cn_iso_2 = HM
Added row: static_countries.cn_iso_2 = QO

NOT Imported fields
cn_iso_3, cn_iso_nr, cn_official_name_local, cn_official_name_en, cn_capital,
cn_tldomain, cn_currency_iso_3, cn_currency_iso_nr, cn_phone, cn_eu_member,
cn_address_format, cn_zone_flag, cn_short_local

Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = AE
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = AK
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = AN
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = AV
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = BM
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = CE
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = CH
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = CR
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = CU
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = CV
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = DV
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = EE
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = FF
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = HO
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = HT
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = HZ
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = IG
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = II
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = IO
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = JV
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = KG
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = KI
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = KJ
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = KR
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = KV
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = KW
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = LB
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = LG
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = LI
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = LU
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = MH
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = NB
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = ND
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = NG
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = NN
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = NR
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = NV
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = NY
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = OJ
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = OS
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = PI
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = SC
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = SE
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = SH
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = TY
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = VE
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = WA
Added row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = ZA
Removed row: static_languages.lg_iso_2 = JW

Added row: static_currencies.cu_iso_3 = AFN
Added row: static_currencies.cu_iso_3 = CSD
Added row: static_currencies.cu_iso_3 = MGA
Added row: static_currencies.cu_iso_3 = SRD
Added row: static_currencies.cu_iso_3 = TRY
Removed row: static_currencies.cu_iso_3 = ADP
Removed row: static_currencies.cu_iso_3 = AFA
Removed row: static_currencies.cu_iso_3 = BGL
Removed row: static_currencies.cu_iso_3 = BOV
Removed row: static_currencies.cu_iso_3 = CLF
Removed row: static_currencies.cu_iso_3 = MGF
Removed row: static_currencies.cu_iso_3 = MXV
Removed row: static_currencies.cu_iso_3 = RUR
Removed row: static_currencies.cu_iso_3 = SRG
Removed row: static_currencies.cu_iso_3 = TPE
Removed row: static_currencies.cu_iso_3 = TRL
Removed row: static_currencies.cu_iso_3 = YUM

NOT Imported fields
cu_iso_nr, cu_thousands_point, cu_decimal_point, cu_sub_name_en,
cu_sub_divisor, cu_sub_symbol_left, cu_sub_symbol_right, cu_sub_name_de,
cu_sub_name_es, cu_sub_name_it, cu_sub_name_fr, cu_sub_name_da

Fixed
cu_thousands_point, cu_decimal_point for GBP, USD

static_country_zones

Fixed
113  CH  CHE  756  GR  Graubünden
146  ES  ESP  724  Cantabria  Cantabria