[TYPO3-core] Hook request

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Wed Feb 15 21:32:29 CET 2006

Hello,

This is a CVS patch request.

Type: feature

Branches: HEAD

There is already a hook to allow one to dynamically modify the DS of a Flexform element of
a record. Currently I develop an extension in which you can choose at setup if you would like
to use Flexform records or rather traditional TCA tables. For this task I require to modify the
TCA of a table dynamically.
I cannot do this with "bad" XCLASSes cause the only point which ever get's reached before the TCA
of a table get's read is t3lib_div::loadTCA and this is a method called via the scope operator.

The problem of performance (as loadTCA is a much used method) without any hook shouldn't much differ
as it is only an if and an is_array which get's performed. For the case there is set such a hook I
added a note to the hook that you should always use the & operator in front of a class so it gets
instanciated as persistant object.

Files:
hook_t3lib_div_loadTCA.diff

greets,