[TYPO3-core] New Extension Manager in CVS

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Wed Feb 15 20:36:39 CET 2006

Karsten Dambekalns wrote:

> Depending on your feedback I'll try to fix as much outstanding issues as
> possible tomorrow... so we can hopefully have beta3 on wednesday.

Hi Karsten and Robert,

great job with the EM. One small issue I noticed while testing at home:

The icons for all extensions are fetched from the server if I list the
full list. This might have performance implications for the people using
the EM as well as the TER server. It took nearly two minutes here to get
them all displayed.

If you agree that it might get annoying, we could
a) disable the icons without losing to much usability ;)

b) cache the icon files in EM and
c) additionally prepare a tarball that contains all the icons, so the
server gets only one request instead of hundreds.

Greetings,
Michael

PS: A stupid question - were can I get the dummy packages from if Stucki
does not prepare one like today?