[TYPO3-core] RFC: renaming *.inc files

Christian Jul Jensen julle at typo3.org
Tue Feb 14 16:55:52 CET 2006

On Tuesday 14 February 2006 16:46, Michael Stucki wrote:
> I think the reason for using *.inc was that these could be edited while
> *.php were not allowed to be edited...(?)

I think it's an old PHP best practice, I'm pretty sure that the reason is that
the webserver only executes .php files as php, so by naming them .inc you
make sure that they will only be executed if they are included by some other
script that is executed.

I'm +1 for renaming, but make sure to check that these scripts don't introduce
any security risks if executed directly

--
Christian Jul Jensen

TYPO3 association
http://association.typo3.org

* this mail is signed with GnuPG. If all you
* see is a file of unknown type, your mail client
* does not support it, just ignore it, it is not
* a virus, or have a look at http://openpgp.org/