[TYPO3-core] RFC: Extend TypoScript values

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Feb 14 02:06:35 CET 2006

Hi Ingmar,

> > I don't think this is confusing if we describe it good enough. Here is a
> > suggestion for TSref (other documents may need to be changed, too):
>
> Strictly speaking, this does not belong into TSRef but into "TypoScript
> Syntax and In-depth Study".

You are right, Kasper already pointed that out. Sorry, I forgot.

> > TYPO3 offers some powerful preprocessor methods for modifying Typoscript
> > properties _before_ they are passed to the parser. Superglobal directives
> > can be applied to any Typoscript property but have a very limited
> > functionality.
>
> This is wrong. Those properties are actually processed *by* the parser,
> and not *before* the parser.

Right, but what do you suggest to write instead?

This is my suggestion:

TYPO3 offers some powerful methods for modifying Typoscript properties during
the template compilation. Such "superglobal" directives can be applied to any
Typoscript property but have a very limited functionality.

- michael