[TYPO3-core] RFC: readonly field rendering

René Fritz rene at typo3.org
Thu Feb 9 19:49:20 CET 2006

> =?utf-8?q?Ren=C3=A9_Fritz?= <rene at typo3.org> writes on
>
> Thu, 09 Feb 2006 16:45:29 +0100 (MET):
> > You can imagine that "readonly" might be set at runtime without the
> > need to change the type of the field.
>
> Temporarily disabling a form field with HTML attributes is fine. But if
> it's only temporary then IMHO the TCA is not the right place for it.

It don't have to be usable for temporary usage only.

> I'd like to see type "none" to support more output formats instead.

The point is that "none" will never know about all field types and the data
behind it. For example the values for a select field has to be fetched,
processed, TSConfig, etc. Also think about user fields.

In my opinion all field types should be able to render themselves as
read-only.

René

--
René Fritz