[TYPO3-core] RFC: Extend TypoScript values

René Fritz rene at typo3.org
Wed Feb 8 16:26:38 CET 2006

> What about using properties like I already did but wrap them in underlines?
>
> xyz.pidList._addToList_ = 20,21

I'm still not shure about that. People are already confused about TypoScript.

But let's see ...

It's an preprocessor functionality but why should anyone care about that? For
the TypoScript developer it makes no difference, does it?

The main difference is that "executed" TS handle only those properties that
are known. You can use stdWrap.lala and it just do nothing.

These preprocessor thingies are different because they can change TS values by
their own.

Anyway. Another suggestion:

xyz.pidList.proc_addToList = 20,21
or better
xyz.pidList.proc.addToList = 20,21

this identifies the function clearly as a preprocessor function but it still
can be used easily for all TS dev's because it works the same way.

The only thing is that we have an reserved word now: "proc" with the second
option.

René

--
René Fritz