[TYPO3-core] RFC: Extend TypoScript values

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Feb 8 13:48:16 CET 2006

Hi René,

>> pidlist was just to give you an example of how this could work. Otherwise
>> we would need to change _any_ property into an stdWrap (which is btw. not
>> possible for config.linkVars, for example).
>
> Good point
>
> But could you please explain why your solution works then? At which point
> is your solution "executed"?

Because it is run inside the parser directly. Before any Typoscript is
processed, the parser reads all TS templates and compiles them into a large
set of commands.

So since we change the resulting TS even before it leaves the parser, it
will work perfect wherever you will use it.

>> If you simply don't like the fact that it looks very much like a regular
>> property, then we could hopefully find a better naming scheme for them.
>
> That's the point.

OK, so let's change this!

> Brainstorming:
>
> xyz.pidList = addToList(20,21)

The command should always stay behind the "=" because it could also be a
regular string which should not be changed...

> xyz.pidList{addToList} = 20,21
> xyz.pidList = {addToList} 20,21
> xyz.pidList ={addToList} 20,21

I don't like any of them.

> xyz.pidList += (list)20,21

If there would be more functions like "resort" etc. then the "+" would not
make sense here.

> Add your idea here ...

What about using properties like I already did but wrap them in underlines?

xyz.pidList._addToList_ = 20,21

Regards, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out