[TYPO3-core] RFC: TS resolving of select fields with TCA hardcoded items

Christian Jul Jensen julle at typo3.org
Wed Feb 8 12:08:25 CET 2006

Hi Franz

On Wednesday 08 February 2006 11:56, Holzinger Franz wrote:
> this could be a fine thing, but is rather useless without a solution to
>
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2397

well although the bug is related and should be fixed, it doesn't make the
functionality useless.

> And it would be also necessary to have the solution from Stanislas
> Rolland, which makes it possible to overwrite the TCA texts in the
> TypoScript Setup.

No, that's just another feature, in my opinion this makes fine sense without.

> Reason:
> The TCA from the extension authors in many cases will not be sufficient.

You can already overrule TCA in ext_tables script, and anyway, the TCA should
use localized labels, which can be overwritten in TS.

> And please, can you put the function TCAlookup somewhere else?  It is
> really needed for extensions.

it is available: $this->cObj->TCAlookup();

--
Christian Jul Jensen

TYPO3 association
http://association.typo3.org

* this mail is signed with GnuPG. If all you
* see is a file of unknown type, your mail client
* does not support it, just ignore it, it is not
* a virus, or have a look at http://openpgp.org/