[TYPO3-core] RFC: TS resolving of select fields with TCA hardcoded items

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Feb 8 00:59:30 CET 2006

Hi Julle,

> Type: minor feature

I think it's a cool feature. Good idea!

> currently there is no way to lookup the value of a field which is of the
> TCA type 'select', with options defined directly in TCA items, and so it
> is not possible to use TS to custom render all goven tables. This patch
> provides a new stdWrap option 'TCAselectItem' that makes this available.
>
> Documentation:
> TSref section 'stdWrap'
>
> TCAselectItem:
> Resloves a comma seperated list of values into the TCA item
> representation. properties:
> table; the table to lookup
> field: the field to resolve
> delimiter: optinal delimiter

Thanks, I will add this to TSref after you committed your change.

Patch comments:
- Works fine but (as you already mentioned) works only with 'items' fields
- Use t3lib_div::trimExplode() when exploding the $inputValue
- The fallback works wrong: It returns $value instead of $inputValue
- Please try to have only 1 return statement (easier to debug)

I have attached a new version of your patch which uses
t3lib_beFunc::getProcessedValueExtra() to lookup the values. Works great
but be warned: This works only as long as you are running a BE session!

Ideas to solve this:
- move the getProcessedValue* functions to t3lib_div?
- ... (anything else?)

Regards, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out