[TYPO3-core] RFC: Extend TypoScript values

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Feb 6 11:34:59 CET 2006

Hi René & Co.

> > This is what I feel too. Though add/remove to lists is a good idea, I do
> > not like this kind of artificial properties. If they are introduced
> > once, they will continue to appear in the future and add extra mess.
>
> I agree.

Do you have a better suggestion for solving this problem? Read on...

> > This is why I though about operators instead...
>
> Not shure if this will be artificial too.

It is very limited because there is almost += and -= but no room for other
properties.

This is why I wanted to introduce such "superglobal" properties which apply
everywhere.

> Anyway I think just implement addToList and removeFromList as stdWrap
> function and search the whole source for "pidList" and make it use stdWrap.

Please NOT!

pidlist was just to give you an example of how this could work. Otherwise we
would need to change _any_ property into an stdWrap (which is btw. not
possible for config.linkVars, for example).

If you simply don't like the fact that it looks very much like a regular
property, then we could hopefully find a better naming scheme for them.

- michael