[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix charset encoding in TYPO3 mails ( not onlydirect_mail )

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Wed Feb 1 14:16:57 CET 2006

Hi.

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 07:25, Stanislas Rolland wrote:
> whatever length you choose to use). But modern email clients will
> understand the format=flowed parameter and will treat linebreaks that
> are preceeded by a space as soft linebreaks. They will thus rewrap the
> text to fit the width of the window in which it is displayed. The text
> will just "flow" in a normal fashion. The result is much nicer display
> of plain text messages.

Not necessarily. If at all, then please make this configurable. If we spend
time to format a plain text mail to our liking, we definitely do not want to
have the line breaks ignored. You *can* format plain text very nicely...

-1 for format=flowed, if I cannot switch it off.

Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns
TYPO3 Association - Active Member