[TYPO3-core] RFC: make TYPO3 run on PHP 5.2 (fix bug #4678)

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Dec 22 11:16:39 CET 2006

Peter Niederlag schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>
>>Hi!
>>
>>This is a SVN patch request for trunk and TYPO3_4-0
>>
>>Problem:
>>
>>In 5.2.0 calling strcspn with an emptry string crashes PHP.
>
> +1 if you need it.
>
> Also I can't confirm the crash with 5.2.0 yet!

Hm, a simple one liner in the shell doesn't make PHP crash, but this patch
makes all flex forms work again on my (64bit) machine.

Maybe it's not strcspn on it's own but the whole new memory manager.

Perhaps we could just make the patched t3lib_div available for affected
machines. I hope that a fixed 5.2.1 comes out soon. *

Masi

* And whoever added a x.x.0 release of PHP to a distro was ill advised. The
PHP folks never got it right in the first release ;-)