[TYPO3-core] How to help improving a specific translation?

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Mon Dec 11 20:36:57 CET 2006

Hi.

On 11.12.2006, at 13:45, Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
> I don't know at all how the whole translation process works and who's
> responsible, but I'd also be interested in knowing it.
>
> Would be great if Kasper could enlighten us a little.

I'll the the freedom to step in with the basics.

There is a "translation server" at
  http://194.117.233.66/typo3/t3l10n/typo3/
It is used for translating the core and system extensions, each
language has a login and a password shared by the translators. The
language files produced by this are synced to the TER mirrors and
fetched from there.

Translation is done using the llxml extension also available in TER.

One thing of interest for everyone might be the status page at
  http://194.117.233.66/typo3/t3l10n/typo3conf/l10n/status.html

Here is what I don't know (exactly):
  * a list of people "responsible" for a language, though asking on
the translation newsgroup might help here.
  * what the current plan (if any) for translating arbitrary
extensions is...

Regards,
Karsten
--