[TYPO3-core] A reference in t3lib_refindex to indexed_search?!?!

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Dec 7 13:40:53 CET 2006

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> <mood type="upset">Why is there a direct reference in t3lib to a sysext?
> Either we have a "library" or not. If it's a library it must not call an
> extension (sysext) or not. At least not without checking if the ext is
> loaded</mood>
>
> If we need a general word splitter move it to either t3lib_div, t3lib_cs
> or create a new word processing helper class. The latter could also be
> used to implement some charset related stuff that would only bloat
> t3lib_cs.

I did not see this message before but now copying here my reply from 4.1
thread:

--------------------
Why cannot it be pluggable? Why indexed search has preference over
others? It is not the best way to search sites (slow, resource-hungry,
no relevance, ...), it is mainly used due to absence of a good search
engine. As soon as someone makes mngoSearch extension for typo3, indexed
search will not be that popular.

I think this thing should be removed completely and replaced with a hook
to collect all modules that need reference updates and execute code from
those modules.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/