[TYPO3-core] 4.1 - How far are we?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Dec 7 13:39:18 CET 2006

Hi!

Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
 > +//require_once(PATH_typo3.'sysext/indexed_search/class.lexer.php');
 > // Disabled until Kasper finishes this feature. Apart from that,
 > t3lib classes should never require stuff from extensions.

I do not like even that! Why cannot it be pluggable? Why indexed search
has preference over others? It is not the best way to search sites
(slow, resource-hungry, no relevance, ...), it is mainly used due to
absence of a good search engine. As soon as someone makes mngoSearch
extension for typo3, indexed search will not be that popular.

I think this thing should be removed completely and replaced with a hook
to collect all modules that need reference updates and execute code from
those modules.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/