[TYPO3-core] 4.1 - How far are we?

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Thu Dec 7 13:36:34 CET 2006

Hi guys,

Karsten just told me that he needs a little more time for the EM
improvements, so here's a new date for 4.1 Beta 2:
Wednesday 13. Novermber

Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
> 1.) a major bug in 4.1beta1 with the inclusion of the indexed_search
> lexer in t3lib_refindex (see http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4562 and
> also Martin's post earlier today)

Fixed (i.e. wordSplitting() is now disabled).

> 2.) a patch with some new IRRE features Oliver Hader is currently preparing

Oliver Hader's wants to get the IRRE bugfix patch done until Monday.

> 3.) Bernhard's EM improvements to be committed

Karsten took over the EM patch and will send it in time for Beta 2.

> Anything else you wish to get into Beta 2?

To be reviewed/committed:
 - RFC: utf8 in log files
 - RFC: cli_dispatch.phpsh

Masi, how's it going with the no-more-back-and-forth-charset-conversion
patch?

> For an updated 4.1 status overview, see:
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/4.1_Development
>
> At some point we have to also think about what's needed for having utf-8
> by default in 4.1.

Stucki told me he wants to look into 4.1 stuff (including the UTF-8
topic) this weekend, so maybe some of what he comes up with can go into
Beta 2 as well.

cheers
Ingmar