[TYPO3-core] Poll: mysql version

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Dec 7 11:46:30 CET 2006

Hi!

I did not want to open such topic but alarming message has appeared in
English list:
http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-english/2006-December/034149.html

It says:
-------------------
I was at a meeting in the danish mysql usergroup a couple of weeks ago,
and one of the people there was the releasemanager from mysql.
He told us that mysql ver. 4.0 is unsupported, mysql ver. 4.1 will reach
end-of-life on 31/12-2006, so in less than 4 weeks all webmasters that
want to run a mysqlserver that is supported with securitypatches will
need to run ver. 5.0.

Given the fact that typo3 does not work with default installation of
5.0, we should resolve the issue ASAP and decide what we support.

I would vote for mysql 4.0 as a "minimum" for all branches,
"recommended" for mysql 4.1 and "may run" for mysql 5.0 (after fixes/tests).

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs