[TYPO3-core] RFC: devLog in t3lib_db

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Dec 1 15:34:27 CET 2006

Hi Dmitry,

> Branches: hope for both ;) (4_0 after 4.0.3!)

I vote for trunk only. Either be strict in fixing bugs, or forget about it
and change whatever we like...

> Solution: add a simple check for recordset validity and report stack
> trace to devLog if recordset is not valid. This allows to quickly
> discover database problems (crashed tables, non-updated tables, etc)
> even on a live site without visitors noticing anything.

- Style comment: Please add tabs in the function header.
- As mentioned before, I would prefer to use syslog instead of devlog.
- Could you please check if it's faster to call the function in any
  situation, or wrap each call with an "if (FALSE !== $res) ..."

Besides this, the feature looks pretty useful. Didn't test, but this seems
to be a safe bet.

> This was discussed a little in the thread named "RFC: minor optimization
> of getRecordRaw()" and I made a simple patch.
>
> What do you think?

+1

Michael
--