[TYPO3-core] RFC: minor optimisation of getRecordRaw()

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Dec 1 14:52:16 CET 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

>> It proved to be VERY useful.
>
> Yes, this is what I think too! :)))

Yes, please provide such a patch!

> I thought about devLog because it is possible to connect devLog even in
> production environment (on a live site!) without any notice to visitors
> and see if anything goes wrong. Unfortunately not many core functions
> use devLog :(

There is no clear definition of when to use t3lib_div::devLog() and when to
use t3lib_div::sysLog(). However, I would consider devLog to be used for
development, and syslog for daily use (monitoring if everything works).

So I suggest that we use sysLog instead of devLog.

> So, there are at least two people who think this addition is useful. So
> I'll finally try to make a patch for it :)

Great :-)

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out