[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 4035: Error message when uploading one or two files in file-browser (BE)

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Aug 31 12:27:35 CEST 2006

This is a SVN patch request.

This was fixed during T3DD, I just forgot to bring it up in the
core-list for discussion. Maybe still in time for 4.0.2?

Problem:
You get an error message "2: No file was uploaded!" when uploading one
or two files in file-browser (BE).

You can reproduce it in 4.0.1 (and trunk):

- Create a "Text w/ images"
- Open the "File browser" in the field "Images:"
- In the file browser popup, enter exactly one or two images in "Upload
Image:" (leaving at least one upload-field empty)
- File is uploaded, but error message appears: "No file was uploaded!"

Same happens with any other "file upload" form that has more than one
upload-field and not every one is filled (for example in the Filelist).

We expect an error just in case no file was uploaded at all.

Solution:
Attached patch. It keeps the log message that Karsten added to 4.0.1,
but will now compare the expected uploads with the actual done uploads.

Branches:
Trunk and TYPO3_4-0 (would that still be in time for 4.0.2??)

Reference:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4035

Cheers,
Ernesto