[TYPO3-core] RFC: performance enhancement for tstemplate/cache_pagesection

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Tue Aug 29 10:29:14 CEST 2006

Hi!

/* I am starting to post performance enhancement patches :) */

This is SVN patch request.

Problem: database calls in the t3lib/class.t3lib_tstemplate.php are not
optimal and seriously impact mysql performance. There is a query that
deletes entry from cache_pagesection and second query reinserts the
entry with the same primary key. The problem is that this specific
delete query takes over 20 seconds on the InnoDb engine (default for
mysql>4.x) at peak hours on a server with lots of pages. This does not
depend on external or database cache for pages, it is always so. Slow
query log is filled with these queries (many of them per day).

Solution: change DELETE/INSERT to UPDATE/INSERT_on_update_failure. I
have this patch running in production for a week and had only two
entries about cache_pagesection (for 6 seconds both) since that time.

Patch is attached.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
http://typo3bloke.net/