[TYPO3-core] RFC: Permanent login for FE Users

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Tue Aug 29 10:02:49 CEST 2006

Hi Martin,

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Sebastian Kurfuerst schrieb:
>>
>> - create a possibility to force permalogin (permalogin=2?)
>
> Could we have the options numbered starting from 0? 0 means disabled
> completely and so on.

I think the numbering is quite good that way, because now 0 means
"default off" and 1 means "default on". The "extremes" on both side
always force the value: -1 means "force on" and 2 means "force off".

> So we need not force a -1 as default value for
> this feature.

We could easily set -1 as default value in config_default.php but I
think 0 should be the default, because in order for the feature to work
"lifetime" has to be set to something >0 by hand anyway, and until now
the lifetime value was equivalent to "force permalogin", which was not
sensible I think.

cheers
Ingmar