[TYPO3-core] OT: Re: RFC: Add support for non-prefixed classes in tslib_pibase- >pi_classParam()

rupert germann rupi at gmx.li
Fri Aug 25 11:30:38 CEST 2006

On Friday 25 August 2006 11:01, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> Yeah, that is indeed a new piece of information for me. I've always
> wanting to do this, but never thought it to be possible.
>
> Reading in [1], it seems that this is possible on any browsers for some
> time now (IE3, FF1.0).
>
> Cool stuff! :)

it's definetively a CSS2 feature. So you won't have much luck with IE 3 ;-)

the CSS1 reference says: "Only one class can be specified per
selector. 'P.pastoral.marine' is therefore an invalid selector in CSS1.
(Contextual selectors, described below, can have one class per simple
selector)"

but since CSS2 is at least partly supported by all modern Browsers and this
feature is already used for quite a long time in TYPO3 (by indexed_search
f.e.) I'd say it IS supported.

but however: I suggest to continue this discussion in the CRG group and ask
MR. CSS-pope Kai Laborenz about this.

greets
rupert