[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix sys_refindex problem when using multiplyDBfieldSize=2

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Aug 24 20:10:43 CEST 2006

Hi Bernhard,

I'm not sure if I got your point...?

> I do not know if we should take care of this issue automatically
> ... setting the "(length)" parmater of keys when complete key would get
> longer than 256 bytes
>
> or if we should simply write some note that when multiplyDBfieldSize is
> used one must take care of his key lenghts (maybe some extension uses a
> 200 bytes key which would be 400 after multiplication by 2) ...

The solution works fine, so why not give some help to the users?

> Then we would rather fix it in T3 than to bother the mysql developers
> (which already raised the limit to 1000 bytes in mysql5 ... at least
> that's what I read right now)

I really don't get your point. I'm running MySQL 5 but still have the
problem, and this patch will solve it.

Even if the problem will be solved in MySQL one day:
It's still nice to keep support for such definitions in t3lib_install, while
you could easily remove the key length from sys_refindex again...

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out