[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 1268: Respect config.notification_email_charset when sending emails

Jan-Erik Revsbech (MOC) jer at moccompany.com
Wed Aug 23 13:27:59 CEST 2006

> Jan-Erik Revsbech (MOC) schrieb:
> >
> > I agree that the mailer classes in TYPO3 should be seperated into
> > generation and transport classes. I think that the
> transport mechanism
> > could easily be a TYPO3-service.
>
> I wrote a draft for a mailer service a long time ago. But
> it's probably lost right now.

I also made an implmentation some time ago, with two different
service-implmentations, one for the normal php mail() function, and one
using some PEAR mailer class (Which in itself can use different
transport methods). I can try to dig it out, polish it up and make a
testinstallation if we can agree this should be the way to go.

> PS: In the process the API should be enhanced. The current
> one has its peculiarities (eg you cannot add an HTML part as
> a string).

I completely agree.

/Jan-Erik