[TYPO3-core] draft for a new/alternative version of Web>Access>Permissions

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Aug 23 11:15:10 CEST 2006

Hi Martin,

>> A long time ago I have made an alternative version that doesn't use
>> checkboxes but drop-downs. The select boxes solves the problem that you
>> always force an entire option set to all pages when doing a recursive
>> setting. But I want to set or unset sometimes only specific flags.
>>
>> So my new version has three options for each permission: <blank> no
>> change, "set" set the permission, "unset" remove the permission.

Good idea!

> A screenshot of the new interface:
> http://www.activesolution.at/typo3temp/pics/6344341c5d.png

Hmmm, I'm not a usability expert, but I would like some radio buttons better
than having 15 dropdown fields:

Unset Keep Set

Additionally, each cell field would have a background color which represents
the current setting.

What do you think? Do you need a visualized example?

- michael

PS: I think that we should stick to Unix standards and rename the labels
    "Owner", "Group" and "Everybody" to "User", "Group", "Others"
--
Use a newsreader! Check out