[TYPO3-core] RFC: Link from GoogleAdWords to typo3-based site fails due wrong alias handling

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Sat Aug 19 19:35:17 CEST 2006

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Note: it seems that such urls do not fail always. They work without this
> patch on my localhost but do not work on production server. In any case
> I think this patch makes better detection for aliases than current code.
> It also solves ugly "http://something/?&no_cache=1" and makes possible
> to use correct "http://something/?no_cache=1"

Are you sure it's not an extension installed on your production
environment that causes this strange behavior? I have nevery encountered
this before and I think TYPO3 normally doesn't try to interpret the
first parameter as an alias when it contains a "=".
That's why I'm a bit skeptical to your patch. Could you analyze why it
fails on your production environment and not on your localhost?

> +			$this->id = ($theAlias != '' && strpos($theAlias, '=') === false) ? $theAlias : 0;

You could get rid of the outer brackets in that condition.

cheers
Ingmar