[TYPO3-core] RFC: Link from GoogleAdWords to typo3-based site fails due wrong alias handling

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Mon Aug 14 11:19:55 CEST 2006

Hi!

This is SVN patch request.

Ref: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4037

Branches: 4.0 and trunk

site owners identify visits from AdWords. URL looks like:
"http://berni.calis.lv/?gclid=COjNhtPk3oYCFQZWMAodOVur4w". Unfortunately
  setIDfromArgV() function in tslib_fe tries to use the first parameter
block in query string as alias. Thus if query string does not start with
ampersand character (which is wrong anyway!), it will treat
"gclid=COjNhtPk3oYCFQZWMAodOVur4w" as alias and typo3 will display "not
found" message.

Solution: since aliases cannot contain equals sign, check for this sign
and do not treat parameter block as alias. Patch is tested on the live site.

Note: it seems that such urls do not fail always. They work without this
patch on my localhost but do not work on production server. In any case
I think this patch makes better detection for aliases than current code.
It also solves ugly "http://something/?&no_cache=1" and makes possible
to use correct "http://something/?no_cache=1"

--
Dmitry Dulepov