[TYPO3-core] Bad news :(

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Thu Aug 10 09:43:21 CEST 2006

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> I've got a problem coming to t3dd. Airport workers discovered a mistake in my
> visa and did not let me in to the plane. I am going to the embassy at 9:00 and
> hope they will give me a new visa today, so that I can fly by 18:30 flight
> (21:30 in Zurich).
>
> So I am definitely missing core meeting :( and all other activities today. If
> embassy chooses not to issue visa, I will not be able to come at all and loose
> huge heap of money :(

I'm really sad and sorry to hear that! I hope very much that the embassy
will give its OK so you get the flight later today.

How stupid are Visa laws that they don't even let people like you into
Switzerland for a programming conference? Grrrr....

Is there anything we can help from Switzerland such as sending a fax to
the embassy confirming your're a T3DD participant or something like that?

> Anyway, I hope for the best. I'll send another e-mail in a couple of hours to
> inform about my arrival.

All the best wishes!

> P.S. If I do not get that visa, I am going to finally drink bottle of champange
> that stays in my refrigirator from January 1st and knock my head hard over the
> wall :( I dreamed so much about meeting you all...

We'll arrange a live video conference then, I guess :)

cheers
Ingmar