[TYPO3-core] RFC: unzip_path in Ext.Manager

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Aug 2 10:01:09 CEST 2006

Michael Stucki schrieb am 31.07.2006 18:49:

> -1 since we "fixed" many installations by changing this path already ;-)

But then t3lib_extfilefunc::func_unzip doesn't work anymore. Well, might
not be so dramatic, as this doesn't seem to be used anywhere anyway.

> Could you please add a check if "unzip" is part of the string?
> BTW, don't forget to add ".exe" on Windows systems...

That would do the same as t3lib_exec::getCommand is already doing. I
think this is a bit ugly to do it in more than one place. So I propose:

1) I add a "special handling" of the unzip path to
t3lib_exec::_getConfiguredApps. This would consider BE/unzip_path and
check if its a full path to or of the binary and set acordingly in the
array.
2) Then I just use t3lib_exec::getCommand in all places where unzip is
needed.
3) We mark/set BE/unzip_path as "deprecated" so it can later be removed
from the configuration view.

This would handle both cases and we can then later drop support for
BE/unzip_path and go straight to SYS/binSetup without any addition of
the code.

Right?

Cheers,
Ernesto

--
cron IT GmbH
Dipl.-Inf. Ernesto Baschny

Tel: +49 711 6868 909-33
Fax: +49 711 6868 909-10

Fingerprint: E918 7A64 9C50 CD35 67A9  752C 1C70 EE8B 915F 6438