[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix bug #1153 again: Adding parameters is notalways expected

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Mon Apr 17 17:05:24 CEST 2006

Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org> writes on
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 16:55:22 +0200 (METDST):

> This is a CVS patch request.
>
> Problem:
> In bug #1153 I did add the parameters of the showpic.php script to the
> alternative script if set by "JSwindow.altUrl". This works as
> expected, but users have asked to prevent this behaviour because they
> construct the parameters using a postUser function for example.
>
> Solution:
> We need a new property to prevent addition of the parameters.

No. We need a parameter to enable them. By adding them we broke compatibility. I suggest we revert to the old beahviour in 4.0.1, but add a config that enables this feature.

> "JSwindow.altUrl_dropParams"

It's just a matter of style but could we either use caps or underscores? I don't care. But using them both in one name is hurtung my eyes ;-)

Masi