[TYPO3-core] [TYPO3-bugs] RFC: Custom fields "Has patch" and "Patch is reviewed"

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Mon Apr 17 16:25:50 CEST 2006

Hi folks,

to improve the workflow within the bugtracker, I propose to add two new
checkbox fields: "Has patch" and "Patch is reviewed".

Everyone should be able to set the "Has patch" flag, but only "updaters"
should be able to set the "Patch is reviewed" flag.

Those custom fields would make it very easy for core developers to
filter the bug list by bugs that already have a ready-made patch.

What do you think about it?

Do you think it's fine to add the two checkbox-fields in a week from now?

On a side-note:
	Even better than the "Patch is reviewed" flag would be a "Sign
	off" button for people with minimum access level "updater" and
	a list showing "This patch has been signed off by X,Y and Z".
	Then we could also do queries like "Show me only bugs, that have
	a patch signed-off by more than 2 people." But I see no easy way
	to do this in mantis with the built-in features.

cheers
Ingmar

Ps.: Please reply to this thread only in the bugs mailinglist.