[TYPO3-core] 4.0.1 soon?

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Wed Apr 12 21:20:08 CEST 2006

Hi guys,

Martin wrote in the "Fixing no-brainers?" thread:

> Let's start with fixing a couple of urgent stuff in 4.0.1 and
> possibly 4.0.2. Better have a 4.0.1 in one week and 4.0.2
> after that in three weeks than only one 4.0.1 in two months.

...and I totally agree with him.

Thus I propose to release 4.0.1 on Saturday 22nd April, that is about
one week after Easter. The pre-release should be ready 24 hours before
that, so everything should be ready on Friday.

I guess that's enough time for everyone to fix their favorite most
annoying 4.0 bug.

The advantage of releasing a 4.0.1 very soon is that people who haven't
upgraded to 4.0 yet, directly get the bugfixed 4.0.1 when they start
upgrading.

Please list the stuff to do for 4.0.1 on our wiki page:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Core_Development

cheers
Ingmar