[TYPO3-core] Fixing no-brainers?

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Mon Apr 10 14:57:44 CEST 2006

Michael Scharkow wrote:

> 3.8.x (security only)
> 4.x (bug fixes, not only security)
> HEAD (the rest)

Just for clarification. I expect that 4.0 has also a number of
functional (non-security) bugs that should be fixed, so maybe it is
worth fixing more bugs, releasing 4.1 and then start to think about
branching for security fixes only. This would mean that 4.x is
completely feature frozen for all x.

I admit that I am a bit at loss with our version numbering scheme: For
years 3.x changes were very big, and now the next major version is at
least .5 or 1 major number up, what are we going to do with 4.x if not
for maintainance releases.

Cheers,
Michael